School Meals at Meadowside Academy
All our school meals are freshly prepared on-site by our catering team. They use regionally produced fresh meat and poultry, fruit and vegetables from suppliers based in North Yorkshire providing local and regional produce when in season and also Yorkshire free range eggs.
North Yorkshire County Council School Meal Service provides our school meals that meet the Government's new guidelines in Nutritional Standards.
Since September 2014, all children in Reception, Year One and Two are entitled to a free school meal.
The price of a school meal is £2.50
To pay for your meals via Parent pay, click the logo below
Free School Meals at Meadowside Academy
Statutory free school meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker's allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit with an income of less than £16,190 and not in receipt of working tax credit
- support under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999
- guarantee element of state pension credit.
Where parents are entitled to working tax credit during a four week "run on" period immediately after their employment has ceased, or after they have started to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals.
Children who receive income support or income based jobseeker's allowance in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
If your child is entitled to a Statutory free school meal, then it's important you claim for it even if they are in Reception, Year One or Year Two and already receive a free school meal. This is because the school will receive additional funding for your child that will be used to support their learning and development, including payment for trips and activities, support from our Parent Support Adviser and extra intervention sessions.
- For an Application form please call into the School Office
- For more information about free school meals click here to go directly to the North Yorkshire County Council Website