Our Curriculum at Meadowside is designed to nurture children’s curiosity, support them in becoming courageous and ambitious learners and promote our values of relationships, kindness and respect to one another, in our community and the wider world. Our Vision is for all of our children to feel safe, happy and supported. They will enjoy a creative and captivating curriculum that inspires them to reach their full potential.
Our Curriculum Intent
Our curriculum has been designed with our values at the heart of everything we do.
Our Values and Curriculum drivers- 5Rs
Our values are the 5Rs and these are represented by animal mascots. All children and adults know these and work hard to include them in all that we do.
Relationships ( Elephant) Respect ( Bee)
Our Curriculum Drivers
Reflection ( Penguin) Resourcefulness ( Squirrel) Resilience ( Rhino)
We intend to:
- Equip learners with a broad, balanced and relevant knowledge and skill base which inspires them and gives them a passion for learning.
- Deliver a progressive and sophisticated curriculum where learners constantly build on their prior learning and knowledge.
- Ensure careful planning and sequencing of our curriculum to maximise learning opportunities and support learners in retaining knowledge and vocabulary.
- Encourage children to make connections across their learning and to ask and answer questions about the world.
- Enable all children to reach their full potential. Teachers have the highest expectations for all children and have the skills to tailor, adjust and adapt the curriculum to be relevant, inclusive and challenging for all learners.
- Celebrate and promote diversity building on children’s cultural capital.
- Use high quality texts and a passion for reading as integral parts of all areas of our curriculum.
- Nurture home school links and community links by sharing our learning regularly and giving back to our local community.
- Powerful parent partnerships ensure children are supported with learning at home as well as school.
- Maximise opportunities to use our exceptional outdoor spaces and skilled Forest School staff member. Learning takes place outdoors wherever possible using valuable resources from our school environment and local area.
Our Curriculum Implementation:
At Meadowside we implement our curriculum through a cross curricular Big Idea approach. We have a whole school ‘Big Idea’ every half term across school through which all subjects (except Mathematics) are taught through Enquiry based learning projects.
Our Curriculum Flow Chart
The flow chart below provides a summary of how all the components of our curriculum link together and the connections between all its components.